Squirrelmail IMAP Connection Error

Good Day,

We have been running Squirrelmail/Qmail/Courier IMAP for about 3 1/2 years
now without any issue. We have been increasing our number of Maildirs
throughout that time.  Just this week we have been intermittently receiving
Error: Connection dropped by IMAP server. This sometimes occurs when
logging in or even after authenticating. Clicking on the web browser
refresh button either once or more gets past the error but it occurs over
and over during the session. This is happening on our local network not
going through any firewall or slow WAN links.

We are running SM 1.4.19 and I have not applied any application or system
patches recently to have caused this so am stumped.

We have the following plugins installed.

 Installed Plugins
    1. administrator
    2. compatibility
    3. username
    4. compose_extras
    5. squirrelspell
    6. show_headers
    7. addgraphics
    8. msg_flags
    9. quicksave
    10. timeout_user
    11. unsafe_image_rules

Thank you for any assistance or guidance you can provide.

Derek