Re: Looking for a new version with AJAX etc.

Am 27.11.2012 09:28, schrieb francwalter@xxxxxxx:
> I wonder why the design and the functions are so “old-school” like.
> It looks like Web 1.0 or before, but I miss some stylish new design with the use of AJAX and so on, like other webmailers using today.
>
> Is there any development going in this direction, which I missed since yet?

I hope not. I am very happy there is still a webmailer left which
hasn't jumped on the 2.0/AJAX/active everything bandwagon.

> Just to test, I installed the Webmailer “Roundcube” and this looks much newer to me.
>
> It is not just me, but also my customers, to who I want to offer a modern and nice looking webmailer for their websites.

No one is stopping you from doing so. But please remember there
are other users who are, for various reasons ranging from simple
force of habit to actual technical limitations, quite happy to
stay with the "old school" interface.

Just install Roundcube and Squirrelmail side by side and let each
user use the one he or she likes best. Choice is good.  If
Squirrelmail converted to the same AJAX paradigm everyone else
is using it would take away that choice.

--
Tilman Schmidt
Phoenix Software GmbH