Re: Looking for a new version with AJAX etc.

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 01:11:24PM +0100, francwalter@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Thank you.
>
> This is a real pitty.
>
> For years I used Squirrelmail, but now, when I introduced Roundcube
> to my users, they immediately wanted to switch.
>
> It is done, roundcube is our new webmailer.
>
> Good bye, Squirrelmail, it was a nice time after all :)

Obviously, every situation is different.

We are a small rural ISP in mid-USA.

We brought up both Roundcube in addition to our Squirrelmail
installation.  We give users the option of picking one or the other.
For the first month, we also had a poll on the website for users
to let us know which one they liked best.  The owner expected 90+%
would pick Roundcube.  He hates SquirrelMail because he thinks it
is visually outdated, and therefore ugly.  I expected around 75%
would prefer Roundcube.

Actual results, from those of our userbase who actually voted, were,
from memory:

	78% SquirrelMail

	22% RoundCube

We had a few hundred users vote out of a few thousand users.

We were both very surprised.

The result would probably have been different if our users had seen
both options from the start.  But, they were already familiar with
SquirrelMail.

In my experience, most people hate change.

lambert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx