Re: SquirrelMail aborting large attachment download?

2012.09.24 14:55 Juergen Nickelsen rašė:
> On 22.09.2012 09:40, Tomas Kuliavas wrote:
>
>> Juergen Nickelsen-3 wrote:
> [...]
>>> Yet, in a few single cases, users have complained that the download of
>>> large attachment failed due to the object being no longer present,
>>> according to SquirrelMail, and after clicking on the folder name,
>>> SquirrelMail showed the folder as empty. Only after logout and login
>>> again their messages were shown in the folder as before.
> [...]
>> What's your PHP memory limit and are APC or commercial Zend extensions
>> used
>> in your setup?
>
> 256 MB (we could increase that -- is that per Session or for all of
> them?); no commercial extensions, rather PHP as it comes out of the
> (Debian) box with a few common extensions:
>
> libapache2-mod-php5    5.3.3-7+squeeze14
> php-db                 1.7.13-2
> php-mdb2               2.5.0b2-1
> php-mdb2-driver-mysql  1.5.0b2-1
> php-pear               5.3.3-7+squeeze14
> php5-cli               5.3.3-7+squeeze14
> php5-common            5.3.3-7+squeeze14
> php5-curl              5.3.3-7+squeeze14
> php5-gd                5.3.3-7+squeeze14
> php5-ldap              5.3.3-7+squeeze14
> php5-mysql             5.3.3-7+squeeze14
> php5-suhosin           0.9.32.1-1

PHP APC and Zend Accelerator (or some other component from Zend Platform
package) extensions reduce peak memory usage. PHP APC is in main Debian
package repo. In PHP 5.2.0+ it is possible to check memory usage with
plugin attached to some standard SquirrelMail hooks. 256 MB is high enough
and it should be difficult to hit that limit, but peak usage can be
affected by memory usage in previous page load. Mailbox display and
message view display can trigger higher usage under some conditions. Maybe
others have different experience. For me reported peak memory usage
differences made PHP APC a must in webmail.

Do you have server side sorting enabled and server side threading disabled
in SquirrelMail config? Do you use gpg or uudecode plugins? Do those large
emails have more text in plain text or html message parts?

If possible, check logs for suhosin related errors or try running webmail
with suhosin set to simulation mode.

--
Tomas