Re: SquirrelMail aborting large attachment download?

Juergen Nickelsen-3 wrote:

> Hello all,

> Yet, in a few single cases, users have complained that the download of a
> large attachment failed due to the object being no longer present,
> according to SquirrelMail, and after clicking on the folder name,
> SquirrelMail showed the folder as empty. Only after logout and login
> again their messages were shown in the folder as before.
>
> This *seems* to correlate with the IMAP server (Dovecot) complaining,
> e.g., "Disconnected for inactivity in reading our output
> bytes=3588/19231114".
>
> The size of the attachment in two other cases was around 8 MB and around
> 11 MB, respectively.
>
> The imapproxy doesn't log anything related, apparently.
>
> As mentioned, this is really rare. We have had 3 users (that I know of)
> report that, one of them in 3 cases. The logs don't seem to show
> anything related except Dovecot as cited above.
>
> The users are not really happy with it, though; seeing their mails as
> lost looks like a nasty surprise. I'd really love to fix that or work
> around it.
>
> Any ideas?

What's your PHP memory limit and are APC or commercial Zend extensions used
in your setup?

Do you log PHP errors? Maybe that "empty folder" error was caused by PHP
error and your users saw unfinished page generation instead of normal
SquirrelMail empty folder view.

--
Tomas