Re: Squirrel/Android sync/import?

On Wed, July 11, 2012 1:22 am, Juergen Nickelsen wrote:

Juergen,

thanks ! that sounds like a plan, this looks just like what the doctor
ordered!!

great plugin, makes it eezy peezy, even a nincomp could do this

hmmm, getting: "The uploaded file exceeds the MAX_FILE_SIZE directive that
was specified in the HTML."

and, file is 41,259 contacts.csv

I'll try fiddling a little, seems to work OK on a smaller subset, might do
it as two step

question: does anyone uses MySQL for that, instead of text files ?
does it make sense...?

> And, if your address entries have non-ASCII characters, try just a few
> critical ones first to see if you have the import character set right.
> Deleting a few hundred address book entries later is no fun.

is there a way to use say ISOLatin2 chars ? I might try setting SM to
ISO-8859-2, that might ? allow me process ISO L2 emails ?

thanks again, great plugin, great info

to the other poster, try this, with Juergen's email and the plugin it's
like a walk in the park

--
Voytek