Re: Squirrel/Android sync/import?

On 10.07.2012 03:19, Voytek Eymont wrote:

> Now that I have an Android phone, are there any tools to transfer
> contacts from Android to Squirrel address book?
>
> Meaning, I guess from gmail to Squirrel, I tried searching a little, but
> all I came across was to transfer Squirrel to gmail.

You can export a CSV file from Gmail and import it into SquirrelMail
using the Addressbook Import-Export plugin. Use the "Outlook CSV format"
export in Gmail -- it fits the import better, so it saves you some
hassle reordering the columns.

And, if your address entries have non-ASCII characters, try just a few
critical ones first to see if you have the import character set right.
Deleting a few hundred address book entries later is no fun.

If you don't want to or cannot install the plugin, but can access the
accountname.abook file in the user data store, its format is apparently

nickname|Firstname|Lastname|emailaddress|additionalInfo

with one line per entry. Converting one into the other is easy if you
know a bit of shell or Perl scripting. Actually it should be easy in
nearly any programming language, so use SNOBOL4 for bragging value if
you can.

Regards, Juergen.

--
<Juergen.Nickelsen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Tel. +49.30.838-50740
Zentraleinrichtung fuer Datenverarbeitung, Central Systems (Unix)