Re: Force to change password after login into squirrelmail

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 4:44 AM, Rohitashva Sharma <rsharma@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using Squirrelmail version 1.4.19 on Scientific Linux with Apache.
> I have configured change_pass plugin with squirrelmail with poppassd at
> the IMAP server, so my users can change passwords of their accounts.
>
> I have a requirement where user need to change his/her password on the
> first login. When we create account on IMAP server, we give a default
> password which need to be changed on first login. The user should not be
> allowed do anything like read mails, access address book etc.without
> changing the password.
>
> Please suggest how can I achieve this.

Take a look at the change_sqlpass plugin which has this feature.  It
can be ported for the most part directly to the change_pass plugin,
however, you'll need to design a way for the plugin to determine which
users need to be forced to change their passwords.

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team