Re: Force to change password after login into squirrelmail

On 4/2/2012 10:37 PM, Paul Lesniewski wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 4:44 AM, Rohitashva Sharma<rsharma@xxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using Squirrelmail version 1.4.19 on Scientific Linux with Apache.
>> I have configured change_pass plugin with squirrelmail with poppassd at
>> the IMAP server, so my users can change passwords of their accounts.
>>
>> I have a requirement where user need to change his/her password on the
>> first login. When we create account on IMAP server, we give a default
>> password which need to be changed on first login. The user should not be
>> allowed do anything like read mails, access address book etc.without
>> changing the password.
>>
>> Please suggest how can I achieve this.
> Take a look at the change_sqlpass plugin which has this feature.  It
> can be ported for the most part directly to the change_pass plugin,
> however, you'll need to design a way for the plugin to determine which
> users need to be forced to change their passwords.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply.

I had a look at the change_sqlpass and change_pass plugin. I have also
devised a mechanism to identify the user whose password need to be
forcibly changed and developed a small plugin for this. I attached the
plugin as 'webmail_top' hook. The problem is that as soon as the user
logs in, my plugin prompts the user to change the password but the user
is allowed to click on other links like INBOX, Compose etc and he has a
choice not to change the password.

What I want is that the user should not be able to do anything without
changing the password. Please suggest how is that possible.

thanks and regards
Rohitashva