Dovecot IMAP & Missing Folder Parents

Hi All,

SquirrelMail 1.4.20 from Debian/Ubuntu distro, and 1.4.22 (tarball)
Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
Dovecot 1.2.9 (looks like)

I know, from searching, this has been discussed, but I'm unable to tell
for sure where it stands.

Given a folder structure that contains parent folders that are
containers only--that is to say they contain no email, themselves, only
other folders that do--such parent folders do not show up.  I thought,
from reading the News, that maybe 1.4.22 fixed that, but no joy.

So... Must I switch to 1.5.2-svn and what kind of grief am I looking at
in doing so?

Other than the stock distro/tarball, I've got the compatibility package
installed, and the local_autorespond_forward-3.0.1-1.4.0 plugin.

What might be the feasibility of somebody with a fair degree of talent
with coding (if he does say so himself ;)) figuring out what was done to
fix this in 1.5.x and back-porting it?

Thanks,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is