Re: Address Book not working - LDAP & Active Directory

Thanks for the response.  I determined the problem was due to php not being configured with ldap.  I'm not sure how that happened as I am using a clone of a virtual machine snapshot I took from the functional email server, but it's working now so all is good.

--

Dave

From: Tomas Kuliavas <tokul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Deee Veeee <profpcsvcs@xxxxxxxxx>; squirrelmail-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, December 1, 2011 9:31 PM
Subject: Re: Address Book not working - LDAP & Active Directory

2011.11.30 00:13 Deee Veeee rašė:
> Hello, and thanks in advance for looking at this for me.
>
> I have two configurations, one unsecure and the other encrypting LDAP
> traffic between my email and Active Directory servers using SASL and TLS.
> The issue I'm experiencing is occurring with the secure server in regard
> to the Address Book.  I am attempting to connect to an Active Directory
> server to perform address lookups, but it appears as though the request is
> not being sent from the server.  I am capturing packets between my secure
> server and my Active Directory server, and when I log into Squirrelmail I
> see the authentication packets between my servers, but when I attempt to
> search for addresses no packets are being transmitted.  I have performed
> an ldapsearch from the secure server to the Active Directory server and
> everything works perfectly, and since I can log into squirrelmail using
> Active Directory accounts I know both servers are configured correctly.
> My only assumption is the configuration of my Address Book is not proper.
> If I
>  perform the same lookup using the unsecured server lookups run properly
> and I see packets transmitted between the servers.

SquirrelMail 1.4.x does not check ldap connectivity in configtest.

See ldap connectivity test script in
http://squirrelmail.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/squirrelmail/trunk/squirrelmail/contrib/test_ldap.phps?view=log
or use sample from http://www.php.net/ldap.examples-basic

Check if LDAP address book is listed when you search for address. You
can't see LDAP address book entries in main address book listing. They are
displayed only when user searches for something.

--
Tomas