Address Book not working - LDAP & Active Directory

Hello, and thanks in advance for looking at this for me.

I have two configurations, one unsecure and the other encrypting LDAP traffic between my email and Active Directory servers using SASL and TLS.  The issue I'm experiencing is occurring with the secure server in regard to the Address Book.  I am attempting to connect to an Active Directory server to perform address lookups, but it appears as though the request is not being sent from the server.  I am capturing packets between my secure server and my Active Directory server, and when I log into Squirrelmail I see the authentication packets between my servers, but when I attempt to search for addresses no packets are being transmitted.  I have performed an ldapsearch from the secure server to the Active Directory server and everything works perfectly, and since I can log into squirrelmail using Active Directory accounts I know both servers are configured correctly.  My only assumption is the configuration of my Address Book is not proper.  If I perform the same lookup using the unsecured server lookups run properly and I see packets transmitted between the servers.

Here are the packages and OS information:

SquirrelMail 1.4.22
 Plugin installed - Secure_login 1.4.1
php5 5.3.8
Apache 2.2.21
Dovecot 1.2.17
Postfix 2.8.5,1
FreeBSD 8.2

All packages installed manually via updated ports.

Browsers used are IE 8.0.7601.17514 and FireFox 3.6.24.

Here is the configtest:

SquirrelMail version: 1.4.22
Config file version: 1.4.0
Config file last modified: 23 November 2011 13:05:04
Checking PHP configuration...
    PHP version 5.3.8 OK.
    Running as N/A(N/A) / N/A(N/A)
    display_errors:
    error_reporting: 22527
    variables_order OK: GPCS.
    PHP extensions OK. Dynamic loading is disabled.
    ERROR: You have configured PHP not to allow short tags (short_open_tag=off). This shouldn't be a problem with SquirrelMail or any plugin coded coded according to the SquirrelMail Coding Guidelines, but if you experience problems with PHP code being displayed in some of the pages and changing setting to "on" solves the problem, please file a bug report against the failing plugin. The correct contact information is most likely to be found in the plugin documentation.
Checking paths...
    Data dir OK.
    Attachment dir OK.
    Plugins OK.
    Themes OK.
    Default language OK.
    Base URL detected as: http://192.168.0.251/src (location base autodetected)
Checking outgoing mail service....
    SMTP server OK (220 mserver2 ESMTP Postfix)
Checking IMAP service....
    IMAP server ready (* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=GSSAPI AUTH=LOGIN] Dovecot ready.)
    Capabilities: * CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE SORT SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS MULTIAPPEND UNSELECT IDLE CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1 CONDSTORE QRESYNC ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN CONTEXT=SEARCH LIST-STATUS AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=GSSAPI AUTH=LOGIN
Checking internationalization (i18n) settings...
     gettext - Gettext functions are available. On some systems you must have appropriate system locales compiled.
     mbstring - Mbstring functions are available.
     recode - Recode functions are unavailable.
     iconv - Iconv functions are unavailable.
     timezone - Webmail users can change their time zone settings.
Checking database functions...
    not using database functionality.
Congratulations, your SquirrelMail setup looks fine to me!

Here is the configuration of the Address Book:

$ldap_server[0] = array(
    'host' => '192.168.0.240',
    'base' => 'ou=LMC,dc=sm,dc=local',
    'name' => 'LMC Employees Address Book',