transferring folder subscriptions?

Good Day!

I'm sorry, if this is written somewhere else already, if so, please just point me in the direction =)

My problem is this: I have a working squirrelmail 1.4.20 on an Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS, imap is working nicely, imapsync (to transfer all the old stuff from the old server) is working nicely as well. But when i log in, all the Folders are unsubscribed. =(
is there a way to transfer, which folders a user has subscribed in their squirrelmail?
the only files i found (on the old server), that were not mails or folders for mails, were cyrus.cache, cyrus.header and cyrus.index.
on the new server, when i log in and subscribe, a file called subscriptions is generated, so yeah, that's rather clear.

How can I find out, where this info is stored on the old server?
Or would it be easier to just assume, that a user has subscribed all folders in his maildir and make a script, that generates a file "subscriptions" that lists all folders in a users Maildir?

thanks for any help in advance =)
best regards!
sil
"Do you know what happens to a toad struck by lightning..?
The same thing that happens to anything else..."