Hebrew Emails/Identities

Hello,

I installed (last year) SquirrelMail version 1.4.21 and it's working
fine in English (and also in French, with all the accents and everything).

We need to add Hebrew support for our sales manager in charge of the
Israeli market, but whenever we try to set his additional identity, the
text he types in Hebrew in his name and also text he types in Hebrew in
the Subject line arrives as דוד.

The text inside the actual email arrives correctly to some mail clients,
but the same way (&#...) in others (for example, in Android).

I would appreciate any suggestion to resolve that.

Our server is running on Centos 5.X.

Thank you in advance,

David

PS. We do not need Hebrew translation of the webmail itself or anything
like that. Just to be able to write in Hebrew in a manner that would be
readable by the recepients.