Re: Hebrew Emails/Identities

2011.11.16 01:11 David rašė:
> Hello,
>
> I installed (last year) SquirrelMail version 1.4.21 and it's working
> fine in English (and also in French, with all the accents and everything).
>
> We need to add Hebrew support for our sales manager in charge of the
> Israeli market, but whenever we try to set his additional identity, the
> text he types in Hebrew in his name and also text he types in Hebrew in
> the Subject line arrives as דוד.
>
> The text inside the actual email arrives correctly to some mail clients,
> but the same way (&#...) in others (for example, in Android).
>
> I would appreciate any suggestion to resolve that.

Make sure that interface runs in utf-8 and not in default iso-8859-1. If
'some email clients' display those &#x; as Hebrew characters, they are
broken. Email programs should not interpret plain text messages as html.

If you use only default US English interface version, fix is as simple as
changing some setting in conf.pl. It is under 10. Languages. If interface
has RTL issues, Hebrew or Arabic users should provide constructive
feedback and explain what is wrong with text direction.

--
Tomas