Re: Administrator plugin - Add users

Please don't top post.

>> I enabled the administrator plugin through conf.pl, but I don't know how
>> to add a user that would have these privileges.
>>
>> Kindly advise where to set that.
>
> I created a simple /plugins/administrator/admins text file with my email
> address in it, and it works, but (also as indicated on the guides), it
> seems risky to do it like that.
>
> Any other (more secure) method?

The only other way this plugin supports is if your IMAP login username
is the exact same as a local system user.  If that's the case, set the
permissions and ownership of the config/config.php file as follows:

owner: your username
group: that of the user running the web server (maybe "apache",
"wheel", "www", etc.)

owner permissions: rw- (6)
group permissions: rw- (6)
other permissions: --- (0)

(aka chmod 660 config/config.php)

I think the Administrator plugin may not have been updated with one or
two of the most recent conf.pl updates, so using the Administrator
plugin may result in certain settings being inadvertently removed.  If
you don't use those settings, this may not matter, but to be safe,
please configure SquirrelMail with conf.pl and make a backup copy of
config/config.php and after using the Administrator plugin, compare
the modified version with the original to make sure you didn't lose
anything critical.

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team