Re: Erros after sending message

2011.10.11 19:50 jason hirsh rašė:

>> http-over-ssl on 80 port. Why are you doing it? What's wrong with basic
>> https://hostname/ and why do you want to show port numbers to end users.
>> It
>> can also be the cause of your secure cookie failure.
>
> OK i  had just installed HTTPS support in prep for SM.. although I do not
> remember doing that in my earlier service
> HTTPS is only of marginal use tio me since I have 7 hosts and onty two IPS
>
> It had issues which I have correccted
>
> not sure what u mean by "show port numbers to users"

If you have HTTP-over-SSL service on 80 port, users connect to it with
"https://hostname:80";. If you use proper HTTP-over-SSL port, they connect
to "https://hostname";. No port numbers visible and URL is nicer.

> After i got my basic https default side up everything actually worked on
> the browsers
> except FF got the same long message again,,
>>
>> Is pecl-APC-3.1.9_1 port installed and enabled in your PHP
>> configuration, if
>> you use Apache DSO module?
>>

> ITHis was not... i installedf and activated that and memcache

My tests show that APC reduces SquirrelMail memory usage. Not sure, if
memcache helps. Problems with memory usage might cause issues in compose,
if folder listing uses memory to the point where you start hitting
memory_limit in compose.

> after  did that i got the can't login error
>
> meantime safari and IE were happy
>
> turned off secure cookies and all is happy
>
>> Is server side sorting turned on in SquirrelMail configuration?
>

> no oy os false although SOrty and THread are availabel onf dovecot

Please turn on server side sorting in SquirrelMail configuration. It is
written in SquirrelMail optimization guidelines. If you don't do that, you
will run into trouble on larger sorted mail folders.

> have not tried that yet
>
>> A02 namespace
>> ... show this response
>
> * NAMESPACE (("" "/")) NIL (("Public/" "/"))

Your Dovecot namespace configuration is similar to the one which was used
when dovecot preset was implemented.

Backup your SquirrelMail configuration (config/config.php). Start conf.pl
and select D command. Select dovecot preset. Save configuration.

Remove all individual sent, draft and trash folder preferences from .pref
files. Remember that preferences are cached in PHP session and you should
restart browser or delete SquirrelMail cookies, if you want to clear
cache.

Check if it starts working after applying preset and cleaning user
preferences from folder customizations.

Test things in alternative non-user facing SquirrelMail setup, if you want
to be sure that your configuration changes work. Always apply proper IMAP
preset first when you create initial SquirrelMail configuration.

--
Tomas