Erros after sending message

Using Freebsd 8.0m Apache 22 with mod ssl,  Dovecot and Postfix

I have gotten SM up but I am find that after I compose a messsage and go to
send it  I get a different error in each of the three browsers I have tested

In Firefox the message is send and I get
          An error occurred during a connection to xxxxxx.com:80.
SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.
(Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)

but the message makes it to destination

in safari 5.0

I stay on the compose screen after pushing send but the message goes through

In IE  7

I get the error

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

   Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

   but the message goes

(yes I made sure SSL and TLS were activated)

In all instances the message is stored in the Inbox send folder, there are
no errors in the apache . mail or security logs...

what am i doing wrong??