Re: (no subject) (or: stop squirrelmail from creating INBOX)

lupin5th wrote:

> Thank you very much for the reply!
> I checked the mail_location in the dovecot.conf, it says
> maildir:/var/dovecotmail/%n/Maildir:LAYOUT=fs , so that should be ok.
>
> the commands gave me this:
> A01 OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
> SORT SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS MULTIAPPEND UNSELECT IDLE
> CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1 CONDSTORE QRESYNC
> ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN CONTEXT=SEARCH] Logged in
> A02 NAMESPACE
> * NAMESPACE (("" "/")) NIL NIL
> A02 OK Namespace completed.
>
> so, yeah, the namespace is not set? though i´m not relly sure what I
> should set in it. Since every user is only supposed to use his account,
> i thought i could ignore the whole thing regarding private and shared
> namespaces etc... ^_^;

Your Dovecot namespace configuration matches settings used for SquirrelMail
dovecot preset.

'(("" "/")) NIL NIL' means that you have personal folders without prefix,
'/' is folder delimiter for personal namespace and you don't use shared or
public folders. If I remember correctly, when SquirrelMail dovecot preset
was created, it was tested on Dovecot 0.9x with '(("" ".")) NIL NIL'
namespace. Delimiter is set to 'detect' and it should not create problems
with / delimiter.

Could you contact Dovecot support? Show them listing of your mail directory
and ask them if your 'maildir:/var/dovecotmail/%n/Maildir:LAYOUT=fs' setting
is correct.

Or enable info plugin and show results of TEST_7 (A003 LSUB "" "*%") and
TEST_8 (A004 LIST "*" "*"). TEST_0 is not required.

Please note that SquirrelMail IMAP server software setting is used only in
workarounds for some IMAP server problems. It is not used for dovecot. You
should select correct preset with D option in SquirrelMail configuration
utility.

--
Tomas