Re: (no subject) (or: stop squirrelmail from creating INBOX)

Thank you very much for the reply!
I checked the mail_location in the dovecot.conf, it says
maildir:/var/dovecotmail/%n/Maildir:LAYOUT=fs , so that should be ok.

the commands gave me this:
A01 OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE SORT SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS MULTIAPPEND UNSELECT IDLE CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1 CONDSTORE QRESYNC ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN CONTEXT=SEARCH] Logged in
A02 NAMESPACE
* NAMESPACE (("" "/")) NIL NIL
A02 OK Namespace completed.

so, yeah, the namespace is not set? though i´m not relly sure what I
should set in it. Since every user is only supposed to use his account,
i thought i could ignore the whole thing regarding private and shared
namespaces etc... ^_^;

best regards and thanks for any further info =)
bye
silvana

> 2011.08.27 11:44 Lupin5th@xxxxxxx raše:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I´m trying to set up squirrelmail with dovecot, and in and of itself
> > it´s working pretty well.
> > My problem is, that squirrelmail doesn´t recognise the dovecot-folders
> > in /var/dovecotmail/username/Maildir/ , instead it creates the folder
> > INBOX, where it then creates an empty folder-structure (dovecot-style).
> >
> > in IMAP-Settings I set serversoftware to dovecot and Delimiter to detect.
> >
> > in Folder Defaults i tried several settings for Default Folder Prefix
> > (empty, new (the dovecot Inbox is called new in my Maildir), etc), but
> > nothing worked.
> > The Trash, Sent, Drafts folder I set to simply Trash, Sent and Drafts.
> > (they already exist in the Maildir, too, called .Trash, .Sent, .Drafts,
> > but even if i set the values to read .Trash... the are not recognized...)
> > I also set Default Sub. of Inbox to false.
> >
> > I really don´t know what else to do, how can i get squirrlmail to
> > recognise the folders in the maildir, instead of just making new ones?
> >
> > other subfolder in the maildir I can later subscribe to, but the
> > "standard"-Folders simply refuse to see my mail.
> > and copying the mails from maildir/new to maildir/INBOX/new is not
> > exactly the solution I´d prefer, seeing as I have to move over 500
> > account to this new server... =)
> >
> > this is squirrel version 1.4.20 on ubuntu 10.4.3 LTS.
>
> SquirrelMail is only IMAP client. If it does not see your folders, your
> IMAP server is not displaying them.
>
> Check dovecot configuration. mail_location setting and your dovecot
> namespace configuration.
>
> Dovecot namespace is configurable and SquirrelMail 'dovecot' preset might
> not match actual namespace. Please note that file structure in your
> mailbox directory does not matter, it matters only how IMAP server
> displays them. For example, every maildir has three subfolders and you
> should never see them in IMAP.
>
> If you are not sure about your namespace configation, connect to imap
> server with telnet and run following commands:
> -----
> telnet your-imap-server 143
> ++ Trying x.x.x.x...
> ++ Connected to xxx.
> ++ Escape character is '^]'.
> ++ * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
> ++ AUTH=PLAIN] Dovecot ready.
> A01 LOGIN your-username your-password
> ++ A01 OK <some response>
> A02 NAMESPACE
> ++ * NAMESPACE < show me this response>
> ++ A02 OK Namespace completed.
> A03 LOGOUT
> ++ * BYE Logging out
> ++ A03 OK Logout completed.
> ++ Connection closed by foreign host.
> -----
> All ++ lines are not commands. They should be displayed as responses to
> previous commands. Replace 'your-imap-server', 'your-username' and
> 'your-password' with proper information. Remember that password must be
> [...]

"Do you know what happens to a toad struck by lightning..?
The same thing that happens to anything else..."