Missing message counts

Hello,

I am trying to get the Squirrelmail on Fedora 14 works. Everything looks
fine but the left side Folders, there are no message counts (# of
unread/total) displays besides the folders.

Thank you,
Linda

===== SquirrelMail configtest ======

This script will try to check some aspects of your SquirrelMail
configuration and point you to errors whereever it can find them. You need
to go run conf.pl in the config/ directory first before you run this
script.

SquirrelMail version:	1.4.22-2.fc14
Config file version:	1.4.0
Config file last modified:	29 July 2011 10:18:20
Checking PHP configuration...
    PHP version 5.3.6 OK.
    Running as N/A(N/A) / N/A(N/A)
    display_errors:
    error_reporting: 22527
    variables_order OK: GPCS.
    PHP extensions OK. Dynamic loading is disabled.

    ERROR: You have configured PHP not to allow short tags
(short_open_tag=off). This shouldn't be a problem with SquirrelMail or any
plugin coded coded according to the SquirrelMail Coding
Guidelines, but if you experience problems with PHP code being
displayed in some of the pages and changing setting to "on" solves the
problem, please file a bug report against the failing plugin. The
correct contact information is most likely to be found in the plugin
documentation.
Checking paths...
    Data dir OK.
    Attachment dir OK.
    Plugins OK.
    Themes OK.
    Default language OK.
    Base URL detected as: https://tir.doe.utoronto.ca/mail/src (location
base autodetected)
Checking outgoing mail service....
    sendmail OK
Checking IMAP service....
    IMAP server ready (* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 I18NLEVEL=1 LITERAL+
SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS STARTTLS] localhost.localdomain IMAP4rev1
2007e.404 at Fri, 29 Jul 2011 10:25:44 -0400 (EDT))
    Capabilities: * CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 I18NLEVEL=1 LITERAL+ IDLE UIDPLUS
NAMESPACE CHILDREN MAILBOX-REFERRALS BINARY UNSELECT ESEARCH WITHIN SCAN
SORT THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT MULTIAPPEND SASL-IR
LOGIN-REFERRALS STARTTLS
Checking internationalization (i18n) settings...
     gettext - Gettext functions are available. On some systems you must
have appropriate system locales compiled.
     mbstring - Mbstring functions are available.
     recode - Recode functions are unavailable.
     iconv - Iconv functions are available.
     timezone - Webmail users can change their time zone settings.
Checking database functions...
    not using database functionality.

Congratulations, your SquirrelMail setup looks fine to me!

Login now

--
Xin Xiang, Systems Analyst
Dictionary of Old English, University of Toronto, Canada