Re: Found in my spam mailbox today: 4 messages that send my webmail into an infinite loop

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 5:49 PM, Paul Lesniewski <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 4:21 PM, C. Bensend <benny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> Before proceeding, try a snapshot of version 1.4.22
>>
>> Hi Paul,
>>
>>   I tried a snap, it behaves the same although it triggers the problem
>> in a different place.  In 1.4.21, it causes a timeout in
>> functions/i18n.php, and in yesterday's snap it causes the same timeout
>> in functions/mime.php:
>>
>> [Fri May  6 23:11:50 2011] [error] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution
>> time of 60 seconds exceeded in
>> /htdocs/squirrelmail-1.4.21/squirrelmail-test/functions/mime.php on line
>> 662
>>
>> (squirrelmail-test is simply the snapshot temporarily placed under
>> my production webmail folder structure)
>>
>> What other information can I collect for you?
>
> Can't do much else without the mail source.  Feel free to send offlist
> if you like.  Please ensure it is the full source, untarnished.  In a
> tarball straight from the server is a good way to ensure such.

This issue was due to a combination of extensive use of mail
highlighting rules and some spam with very ugly From: headers.  It has
been corrected in our repository thanks to a lot of help from Benny in
diagnosing where the problem was.

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team