Found in my spam mailbox today: 4 messages that send my webmail into an infinite loop

Hey folks,

   I identified four spam messages today that seem to send the
SquirrelMail interface into an infinite loop.

   The stats:

OpenBSD 4.8-CURRENT snapshot from Aug 2010
PHP 5.2.13
SquirrelMail 1.4.21
Dovecot 1.2.13

   When any of these messages was in the list of messages to display,
the SquirrelMail web interface would show "Transferring data from
hostname..." (in Mozilla Firefox 3.6.17) and never complete drawing
the page.  Checking the same mailbox with Mutt worked fine, and using
that to determine which message was causing the issue, I could
manually move the Maildir file out of the way.  Once that was done,
the SquirrelMail interface could be refreshed and would eventually
recover.

   I have copies of the four messages, but I'm not going to post them
to the public in case there's an exploit being attempted.  SquirrelMail
devs, please feel free to email me directly and I'll pass them along.

Benny

--
"You were doing well until everyone died."
                                    -- "God", Futurama