Re: squirrelspell no option to add word to dictionary

On 2011-04-11 10:21, Tomas Kuliavas wrote:
> IMHO you confused squirrelspell with html_mail plugin speller.
> Add to dictionary menu option does not depend on your preference backend
> setup. It can fail in some db based setups, but failure will happen only
> when you try to use "Add to dictionary" option.
>
> html mail spellckeck is part of used editor and it is not integrated with
> webmail user preferences.

Ahhh, yes, I believe you are correct. That definitely explains things.
Thank you for straightening me out.

On the surface, it seems odd that spell checking would behave
differently depending on composition format but I suppose there are some
behind the scenes reasons including that html_mail hasn't been updated
in a long time.

Hopefully this exchange in the archives helps others with the same
confusion.

--
William Astle
Lexicom Ltd.