Re: squirrelspell no option to add word to dictionary

William Astle-2 wrote:

> My search-fu is obviously weak. I cannot find any references at all to
> anything resembling this question in any documentation I can find. An
> "RTFM" with a pointer to the right place would be helpful if I've just
> missed something obvious.
>
> Using SquirrelMail 1.4.21, PHP 5.3.1 (via suPHP) with squirrelspell
> enabled, I am able to successfully compose a message and run through the
> check spelling process. However, when a misspelled word is found, there
> is no option to add the word to the local/personal dictionary.
>
> I do have the user preferences stored in a mysql database. Could this
> have something to do with it? There is no mention of this anywhere in
> the documentation that I could find.

IMHO you confused squirrelspell with html_mail plugin speller.

Add to dictionary menu option does not depend on your preference backend
setup. It can fail in some db based setups, but failure will happen only
when you try to use "Add to dictionary" option.

html mail spellckeck is part of used editor and it is not integrated with
webmail user preferences.