squirrelspell no option to add word to dictionary

My search-fu is obviously weak. I cannot find any references at all to
anything resembling this question in any documentation I can find. An
"RTFM" with a pointer to the right place would be helpful if I've just
missed something obvious.

Using SquirrelMail 1.4.21, PHP 5.3.1 (via suPHP) with squirrelspell
enabled, I am able to successfully compose a message and run through the
check spelling process. However, when a misspelled word is found, there
is no option to add the word to the local/personal dictionary.

I do have the user preferences stored in a mysql database. Could this
have something to do with it? There is no mention of this anywhere in
the documentation that I could find.

--
William Astle
Lexicom Ltd.