Re: unable to figure out the source IP or sender email

Benedict Simon dcunha wrote:

> Dear thomas
>
> Thanks so much for the quick and wise reply..
> anyway now for one day I have not got any such email for the last 20 hrs
> or so
>
> by the way i am using sendmail as my smtp server and have the following
> RBLs
>
> zen.spamhaus.org
> bl.spamcop.net
> b.barracudacentral.org
>
> dont have the ones u mentioned below
>
> anyway i will monitor today and possibly try to turn the above off and
> observe

You already use cbl. It is included in zen.spamhaus.org. If you added both,
then you extended your RBL protection only to UCEProtect Level1. Direct spam
sources caught by spam traps.

If you get spam, check source in http://www.blacklistalert.org/ or
http://www.senderbase.org/

If you use RBLs with automated spam traps, their effectiveness can increase,
when combined with greylisting.

Also check your mailscanner configuration. Spam passed it with low spam
score. You should investigate how your mailscanner scores are applied and
make sure that it is up to date and is not misconfigured or untrained.