How do I sort Search Results by descending date?

Dear fellow Squirrelmail admins,

I have SM 1.4.21 installed on Debian and after spending quite a bit of time searching all over for the answer I decided to post the question to this list. Whenever someone does a Search in SM, the Search Results window gives the results sorted by date in ASCENDING order (oldest to newest) but users would prefer these results to be sorted by date in DESCENDING order (newest to oldest).

How can I make that happen without rewriting the .php code? Is there an option to change that or a plugin that will allow me to do that? I could not find it.  BTW - server side sorting is enabled and I use the latest stable Exim and Dovecot IMAP with Maildir format if that matters (and PHP 5.2.16-0.dotdeb.0 with Suhosin-Patch 0.9.7)

Steve