Re: Your session has expired - can't login

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 10:28 PM, Richard Gliebe <richard.gliebe@xxxxxx> wrote:
> On 8/6/10 6:55 AM Paul Lesniewski wrote:
>
>> Then it's not a SquirrelMail problem.  Check your IMAP server log to
>> see why the login was rejected.  If it doesn't tell you anything, your
>> logging verbosity is too low.  Further questions should be directed to
>> the community that supports your IMAP server.
>
> hhmmm. Client connects to our IMAP Server (dovecot) with
> Thunderbird/Outlook/Entourage worked without any problems.

Make up your mind.  All IMAP clients should use the IMAP LOGIN
command.  You said you telnetted to your IMAP server and it failed.
At the time that it failed, all IMAP clients will not work.  Maybe
your telnet test was incorrect.  You didn't show any details.

> Yesterday I've checks the dovecot.log. No Client connect errors.
>
> To prevent telephone terror, I've installed yesterday quick'n dirty
> 'open-webmail'.
> No connect problems with this app.

If there were problems with SquirrelMail at the same time, then your
telnet adventures should have been working at that time.  If that's
the case, then your PHP settings are probably borked.

>>> onesmore: no changes where done in SM.
>>> PHP sessions where maybe deleted by rebooting the hole server.
>>
>> Unless you have a special system set up, rebooting will not purge PHP
>> session files.
>
> After rebooting the server, a 'ps' and 'lsof' doesn't showed my any php
> zombi processes and any php sessions files associated with SM.
>
> I also took a look into /var/lib and /usr/share where SM keeps its
> Files. Everything looked fine.
>
> anyway, I'll upgrade our SM installation to the newest release, and
> looking forward to see what happens.
>
> If SM failes onesmore, there is open-webmail (standby) available on our
> system ;-)

I doubt it's SquirrelMail "failing" - instead, it's likely your IMAP
server or a PHP issue.  But you haven't provided enough
(non-contradictory) information for us to guess any more than has been
guessed.

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team