Re: Your session has expired - can't login

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 9:46 PM, Richard Gliebe <richard.gliebe@xxxxxx> wrote:
> On 8/5/10 9:51 PM Paul Lesniewski wrote:
>>> The only time that I have seen this problem with SquirrelMail was
>>> when our webmail service was under a brute force password attack and
>>> the /var/lib/ partition filled up with php session identifiers.
>>> Check your file system free space with df.
>>
>> Note that the Lockout plugin could probably have prevented that situation.
>
> strange: this morning, SM works, as i should.
>
> Lockout plugin will be installed as soon as possible.
>
> FYI:
> filesystems (special: /var/lib) are OK and was always OK (monitoring by
> nagios)
> SELinux is and was disabled.
> No bruteforce attack or something similar yesterday.
> login via telnet also failed.

Then it's not a SquirrelMail problem.  Check your IMAP server log to
see why the login was rejected.  If it doesn't tell you anything, your
logging verbosity is too low.  Further questions should be directed to
the community that supports your IMAP server.

> onesmore: no changes where done in SM.
> PHP sessions where maybe deleted by rebooting the hole server.

Unless you have a special system set up, rebooting will not purge PHP
session files.

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team