Re: Problem with German-Language in SquirrelMail V1.4.20

Hans Schlumpf wrote:

> Now you see my first mail with SquirrelMail written, which has the German
> User Interface. :-)
> The disabling on the Gettext-Extension in php.ini was the solution.
> My server is fast enough, so i have no problems with the slower internal
> gettext functions.
> In a next version of XAMPP with a newer PHP-Version i'll try again with
> the Gettext-function of php.

If you have problems with performance of internal gettext implementation and
want to use SquirrelMail only in one language, set your Windows to that
language in Regional and Language Options. Language is set in two places. I
haven't checked which one is used. Installation of MUI language pack is not
required. You said that you use German windows, but I suspect they are set
to English in language options.

Upgrade to PHP 5.3.2 won't fix it. PHP compiled it on different setup, but
gettext extension still has same problem.

--
Tomas