Re: Problem with German-Language in SquirrelMail V1.4.20

Hans Schlumpf wrote:

>> 2010.03.25 16:30 Hans Schlumpf rašė:
>>> Hello to the Group from Switzerland!
>>>
>>> My Squirrel-Mail (actual Version V1.4.20) works very fine, but in
>>> english
>>> only.
>>>
>>> I have installed several Translations in several languages, the user
>>> interface remains always in
>>> English, only the help text appear in the desired language.
>>>
>>> The Server runs on Windows XP Pro, SP3, German
>>> As Webserver runs XAMPP for Windows V1.7.3
>>>

>>> I have already searched in the guides and forums, via Google, etc. for
>>> solutions and advice.
>>> I have found many tips for various Linux environments with the same
>>> problem of language. I have
>>> tried all these options on my installation - unfortunately without
>>> success.
>>> Unfortunately I have not found a tip, which has led to the success of my
>>> installation.
>>
>> Test your PHP settings and check local safe_mode
>> (http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/TestPHPSettings) value.
>>
>> Show what you have in SquirrelMail locale/de_DE/LC_MESSAGES directory.
>>
>> --
>> Tomas
>
> Hello Tomas
>
> thanks for your prompt answer.
>
> the requested infos are attached to this mail - hope you find a hint for
> me.

http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=49349

Downgrade to PHP 5.2.x or disable gettext extension. Looks like PHP broke
gettext extension with their setlocale() updates and by not following ISO
standards in used locale names.

Windows does not have usable strace equivalent and I can't debug which
translation files are loaded. In my test setup PHP 5.3.1 always loads
default OS locale. If someone knows some free strace utility for Windowsy,
could you let me know. intellectualheaven's stracent and bindview's strace
does not count. First one is really slow or gets into infinite loop with PHP
scripts, second is outdated.

Gettext extension can be disabled by editing xampp\php\php.ini. Put
semicolon (;) in front of extension=php_gettext.dll

--
Tomas