Re: Corrupt attachements

Please don't top post.  Please read the mailing list posting
guidelines before posting again.  Thanks.

>> We have a Centos 5.4 system with squirrelmail 1.4.20. The system appears
>> to be working well except I have two users complaining all/some downloads
>> are corrupt. If the same email is sent to their gmail they have no issues.
>> We are using PHP 5.1.6. It does not appear to be specific to a web client,
>> ie and firefox have been confirmed. Other than the two users no others are
>> complaining, and some other users use the download functions a lot.
>>
>> If the user downloads the email via mail client, ie outlook, the
>> attachments are fine.
>
> Some more info. The latest 1.5 version does not appear to have this bug.
>
> On 1.4.20 I could open pdfs, but I could not open doc, xls etc. I could
> not open jpg. None of the problems repeat if the devel version is used.

Please show the specific version of 1.5 you are using.  You also need
to do a much better job at defining "corrupt."  We can't just guess at
what you mean.  If you are not capable of doing any better yourself,
you can make the original file and the "corrupt" file available for
download somewhere so we can try to see.  You also need to READ the
mailing list posting guidelines and include ALL information you are
asked for.  Add to that the output of src/configtest.php

If you can open some kinds of documents, but not others, my suspicion
is that this is not a SquirrelMail issue - SquirrelMail should corrupt
all or none of your attachments in most cases.

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team