allow_black_hole - plug-in

We are using the local_autorespond_forward plug-in and we noticed that
it allows for a user to TURN ON auto-respond (do_auto_reply)  and TURN
OFF keep local copies (no_local_delivery) which is causing some of our
users to stop recieving email. How do we fix this?

Thinking a few ways, just need assistance with the coding.

1)  Hide the "keep local copies" option so that NO ONE can disable\see option.

2) build in validation so that if user turns ON 'auto-reply' and turns
OFF 'keep local copy' that it validated to ensure they have at least
one forwarding address populated.

3) any other suggestions? i reviewed options.php and found code
related to allow_black_hole but do not know how to turn off so no
black_hole occurs.

I am sure many of you have experienced this issue and implemented a
fix.  We are running latest version of SquirrelMail on RHEL5  Thank
you for your time.

Terry Jolley