Re: "You must be logged in" with Firefox/1.4.20-RC2

>> For ANY FIREFOX users loged into while the upgrade was made.
>> after kliking on "Logout" and re-login, all was working fine.
>
> I now see that it affects all three browsers, but at different times.
> It seems to be either cache, cookie, sessions, or some other
> persistent data that remains beyond even a restart of the browser at
> some times.
>
> How can I go about troubleshooting this further?

Stop mixing different versions.  Stick with 1.4.20SVN.  Then purge all
your cookies in the browser having problems.  Then shut the browser
down completely.  Reboot for kicks.  Now blow away all your PHP
session data (depends on your system, but could be somewhere such as
/var/lib/php/session/ (RedHat derivatives)).  Now open your browser,
log in, check what cookies you have and ALL of their contents.  Check
the corresponding PHP session file and make sure it looks like what
you'd expect.  Log in and out in the SAME browser until the problem
occurs, keeping track of cookies and session data VERY CLOSELY at each
click of your mouse.  What changed when the problem happened?  Is the
browser correctly accepting cookies from your domain?  Does your
server handle sessions correctly?  Maybe you should actually post more
system configuration details.

> It seems that it may be caused by going from logging in to the stable
> version, then logging out and logging in to the SVN version.
>
> I've tried clearing browser cache, cookies, etc, but it still seems to
> occur every few times I log in or out.

It's up to you to show what is different in those situations.

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team