Thanks guys -- spam from my mail server

> Hello Simon,
>
> I am 99% sure it was a phishing attack against you users.
>
> I have currently over 300 accounts runing on my  corporated  domain  and
> told ALL USERS, that I will never send (admin)  messages  without  there
> full First- and Family-Name, to identify, the Mail is comeing realy from
> me.
>
> This is normaly what all bigger and more serious ISPs do.
>
> It reay prevent phishing attacks.  And since I know the  native  langage
> of all of my customers (mailly foreigner) I put  a  paragraph  in  there
> native language in the admin message... :-D
>
> No chance for phishers...  Think about it!
>
> Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
>     Michelle Konzack
>     Systemadministrator
>     24V Electronic Engineer
>     Tamay Dogan Network
>     Debian GNU/Linux Consultant
>
> --
> Linux-User #280138 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org/
> ##################### Debian GNU/Linux Consultant #####################
> <http://www.tamay-dogan.net/>                 Michelle Konzack
> <http://www.can4linux.org/>                   Apt. 917
> <http://www.flexray4linux.org/>               50, rue de Soultz
> Jabber linux4michelle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx           67100 Strabourg/France
> IRC    #Debian (irc.icq.com)                  Tel. DE: +49 177 9351947
> ICQ    #328449886                             Tel. FR: +33  6  61925193

Thanks a lot Michellefor ur reply

I dont rule out the possiblity of a phishing attack but since im do
running MailScanner I was not really hoping about this

cause i do see many times MailScanner catching lots of phising attacks but
nevertheless it could have slipped through
MailScanner is a just a wonderful software.

Any way right now things are Ok after i changed passwords of my users

I will definately broadcast a mail for all our users. but as Mr thomas
said it could have been very simple password of the users that could be
also been guessed

Also I want to upgrade my Squirrel mail n do wanna implement the security
pluggins..

anyother advice will be highly appreciated

regards

simon

> SOLARIS 10 is the OS for Data Centers - provides features such as DTrace,
> Predictive Self Healing and Award Winning ZFS. Get Solaris 10 NOW
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/solaris-dev2dev-----
> squirrelmail-users mailing list
> List address: squirrelmail-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> List info (subscribe/unsubscribe/change options):