Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 21:21:56 +0300 (AST)
Subject: BUSINESS PROPOSAL !
From: "SGT. HENRY PETER" <sgthenrypeter1111@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: sgthenrypeter1111@xxxxxxxxxxxx [Add to Whitelist | Add to Blacklist]

To: emitchell@xxxxxxxx
dianm@xxxxxxxxxx
czucal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
diamante@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
gladys@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
caroline@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
donna.barlow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
gcalabrese@xxxxxxxxxx
fstrobel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(SquirrelMail authenticated user kkharafi)
by webmail.baladia.gov.kw with HTTP;
Fri, 12 Feb 2010 21:21:56 +0300 (AST)

please note that kkharafi is my local mail user
I have about 200 mail users and all the users have a shell as nologin as a
additional security
----------------

On further investigations i found about 10 users whos Folders==> Personal
Information has been modified .

here i just paste the .pref file of one user
show_html_default=0
javascript_on=1
hililist=a:0:{}
archivefilenames=6
archiveattachments=1
archivetype=0
archiveent=1
spamcop_method=web_form
todo_first_login=0
email_address=kkharafi@xxxxxxxxxxx
identities=3
full_name1=Oceanic Bank Nigeria Plc
email_address1=info@xxxxxxx
reply_to1=atmcard.dept01@xxxxxxxxxxxx
full_name2=SGT. HENRY  PETER
email_address2=sgthenrypeter1111@xxxxxxxxxxxx
reply_to2=sgthenrypeter4@xxxxxxxxxxxx

--------

no all the 10 users have personal information under folders being changed
with different information

I have just changed the password of my local user kkharafi and will wait
to see any instance of spam again.

I do can understand if one user had his password being cracked or probably
a virus on his PC could have changed his personal information squirrel
mail.

But its about 10 different local email users who had their personal
Information being changed in squirrel mail

so im confused and wondering how it could happen

I do apprecite if someone could help me out and advice me as to what could
be done so as to avoid such issues.

I really apprecite and wait your helpful reply

regards

simon

believed to be clean.