Re: Pass through auth to SquirrelMail

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 2:27 PM, Marc Powell <marc@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Feb 8, 2010, at 3:16 PM, cliarc wl wrote:

> SquirrelMail Version : 1.4.8
> Plugins : default install plugins - no additions or subtractions
> PHP 5.1.6
> Apache 2.2.3
> Dovecot 1.0.7
> Postfix 2.3.3
> Linux webmail 2.6.18-128.el5 #1 SMP Wed Dec 17 11:42:39 EST 2008 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux - Rhel 5.4
> SquirrelMail installed via YUM
>
> Hello. I'm trying to tie squirrelmail into our LDAP/RSA environment for auth. I have dovecot working via pam with rsa and was hoping I could use mod_auth_imap http://ben.brillat.net/projects/mod_auth_imap/ as noted in the squirrelmail documentation to pass auth duties to dovecot.

Auth duties are already passed to your IMAP server; there are none built in that I am aware of. Squirrelmail simply takes the username and password pair provided via the login screen and tries to log in with them on the IMAP server. If they work, you're allowed in (and they are securely stored for future requests to the IMAP sever during that session). If they don't work, you're presented with the invalid login screen.

If your IMAP server uses your LDAP for it's account/auth info, there's nothing you can or need to do with Squirrelmail.

--
Marc

http://p.sf.net/sfu/theplanet-com
-----

Marc,

Thanks for the reply. I'm a bit confused now. You say SquirrelMail is already auth'ing against my IMAP server with out the need for mod_auth_imap. My IMAP server (dovecot) is using ldap/pam-rsa to auth with a username and passcode from the rsa token and it works fine. When I try to login to SquirrelMail it kind of works. I get the frame split on the left but still get an unknown user error. If I disable pam rsa and go back to pam kerbros then SquirrelMail works fine. Is this a limit of SquirrelMails Basic auth?

Also is it possible to do pass through auth in SquirrelMail so I can just use the apache rsa module and not have to worry about getting SquirrelMail/Dovecot working with my pam-rsa backend?

Thanks for the help!