Re: New Mail Notice

byrnejb wrote:

> On Mon, February 1, 2010 13:45, Tomas Kuliavas wrote:
>> 2010.02.01 17:54 James B. Byrne:

>>> . STATUS "INBOX" (MESSAGES UNSEEN RECENT)
>>> * STATUS INBOX (MESSAGES 2 RECENT 0 UNSEEN 0)
>>> . OK Completed
>>>
>>> SquirrelMail Notice:
>>>
>>> You have 51 new messages
>>
>> You check more than one mailbox in newmail plugin. What you have in
>> other boxes?
>>

>> Please use mailing list to solve your SquirrelMail problems. I
>> don't do private SquirrelMail support and other mailing list
>> subscribers can have more ideas.
>>

> Sorry, I simply used 'reply all' to your message and the mailing
> list address evidently did not take.
>
> These are my usual settings that display the correct unread message
> count:
>
> Check all boxes, not just INBOX: 	yes
> Count only messages that are RECENT: 	no
> Change title on supported browsers: 	no
> Show popup window on new mail: 	        yes
> Enable Media Playing: 	                no
>
> These are the ones that result in a higher count of unread messages:
>
> Check all boxes, not just INBOX: 	yes
> Count only messages that are RECENT: 	yes
> Change title on supported browsers: 	no
> Show popup window on new mail: 	        yes
> Enable Media Playing: 	                no

I've asked to run status command on all boxes. STATUS "INBOX" (MESSAGES
UNSEEN RECENT)  shows message counts only for INBOX. If you have "Check all
boxes, not just INBOX: yes", plugin checks all subscribed folders. Please
run IMAP STATUS command on every subscribed folder and find the one which
has higher recent message count.

--
Tomas