Re: Unknown User Or Bad Password

Gourley, Gale wrote:

> Tomas,
> Can you point me in the direction of changing from CGI to ISAPI?  I have
> been searching and can't seem to find anything.  And I looked thru my php
> folder and figured there should be a file with isapi in the name someplace
> and can't find anything there.

If you install PHP with MSI installer, PHP is listed in "Add/Remove
Programs" control panel and it has "Change" button.

If you don't want to mess with your PHP setup, there is a shorter way.
Replace SquirrelMail src/redirect.php script with attached
http://old.nabble.com/file/p26481904/redirect.php redirect.php  file. This
file replaces HTTP redirection with HTML meta refresh. Meta refresh works in
IIS 5.0 + PHP CGI setups.

If you can't download that file, open src/redirect.php in WordPad, find line
with
----
header("Location: $redirect_url");
----
and replace that line with
----
?>
htmlspecialchars($redirect_url);?>" />
">webmail </p></body>
<?php
----

I've set refresh to 1 second. It is possible that even 0 second refresh will
work.

Please note that correct solution is to fix IIS 5.0 and PHP CGI setup. Meta
refresh is a hack and not a solution. Other SquirrelMail scripts might need
correct session write timing too.

Gourley, Gale wrote:

> I have run the tests and they all seem fine.  Do you want me to send the
> results for the test you have below for the core, mbstring and session
> settings?

In your setup primary suspects for "you must be logged" are IIS 5.0+PHP CGI
and not writable session directory. You already ruled out session directory
issues with session test script. You should rule out IIS 5.0 before
suspecting fubared PHP session configuration. If IIS 5.0+ PHP ISAPI setup or
meta refresh does not fix your issue, then show your PHP configuration.

--
Tomas