Re: Unknown User Or Bad Password

2009.11.21 17:56 Gourley, Gale rašė:
> I have searched the archives, forums, help files, etc.. and can not find a
> solution for this.  Everything I have found is not working.  I am using
> Squirrelmail 1.4.5, hmailserver, IIS 5, php 5.2.10 all running on a
> Windows
> 2000 server box, and can not get this to work.  I get the unknown username
> or bad password error.  If I go back to the login screen I get the error,
> cannot access this page.  I have cookies enabled in my browser.  I have
> gone
> thru the configuration several times.  I have set the IMAP server to
> localhost and to the actual hostname, mail.domainname.  What else can I do
> to make this work?  I am the system administrator for my church and my
> pastor is really wanting this to work so he can check his email when away
> from the office.

1. If you use hMailServer mod for SquirrelMail, stop doing that and use
original SquirrelMail package. Latest stable version. 1.4.5 is outdated
and might not work correctly with PHP 5.2.10.

2. If you setup PHP as CGI, try setting it as ISAPI.

3. Create test script (for example - test.php) with
---
<?php
session_write_close();
ini_set('error_reporting',E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors',1);
var_dump(session_start());
---
Put it in SquirrelMail root directory, open it in browser
(http://your-server/squirrelmail/test.php) and check for session errors.
Script should return only "bool(true)". If it shows errors, fix them.

--
Tomas