Re: Unknown User Or Bad Password

Gourley, Gale wrote:

> I have installed Squirrelmail 1.4.19 and now I am getting the error, you
> must be logged in to access this page.  I have run the configtest.php and
> it
> shows everything is fine.  I did the test.php like you have below and it
> came back with the "bool(true)".  Everything I have searched for on this
> error indicates I need to have cookies enabled.  I have IE 7, Firefox and
> Google Chrome, all have cookies enabled and all are getting this same
> error.
> Any other suggestions I can try?

You haven't said anything about changing PHP setup. IIS 5.0 has some quirks
in CGI mode. It delays session information saving and SquirrelMail
src/webmail.php does not get information that must be saved in
src/redirect.php.

Which page says that you should be logged?

Could you test your setup (http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/TestPHPSettings)
and show local core, mbstring and session settings for SquirrelMail?

"You must be logged" issue can be triggered by corrupted cookies or session
information. If you suspect that it is cookies, you should try installing
cookie_warning plugin (http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=235).

--
Tomas