Re: more encoding problems

>>> There is another problem as well. When the From address contains , and
>>> æøå
>>> it's not possilbe to
>>> reply without an error.
>>>
>>> Normally the From-adress is put into "" like "John Dove"
>>> <mail@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>>>
>>> In SM 1.4.20 SVN (and all versions I have tested) this changes into
>>>
>>> Monstad, Pål <mail@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>>>
>>> When the from address contains , and øæå the address is messed up
>>> resulting in errors as SM think
>>> two mail addresses exist in the to filed (when replying).
>>
>> Hi <copy>Pål<paste>,
>>
>> you can change your name (joke) or try to backslash special character in
>> your name. It does not fix the problem, but maybe it is a short work
>> around until developer fix the problem.
>
> Well, this is not an option I will choose. We have several hundred users
> with names containing øæå.
> --
> Pål Monstad

Understand. I received some kind of spam from different countries and get
displayed correct specific characters. OK, you tried every version of sm.
But maybe your local settings of your server are just norwegian? Try to
change charset to UTF8, control settings of php to use UTF8, install fresh
version of gettext, check your spam folder for foreign charsets...
Maybe it's not a question of sm?
Have luck!
CU
Dennis