Re: Limit access to Global Address Book

Tom Jensen wrote:

> For now, I just made the changes you suggested to the addressbook.php
> file.  I saved a copy locally in the event that a later update would
> "undo" my changes.
>
> But the changes you suggested worked great and accomplished the task.
>
> Thank you.
>

> Quoting Tomas Kuliavas <tokul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>

>> Tom Jensen-4 wrote:
>>>
>>> I am using Squirrelmail 1.4.13 on an Ubuntu 8.04 LTS machine.  The
>>> database backend for Squirrelmail is MySQL.
>>>
>>> Squirrelmail was installed using the normal apt-get command on the
>>> command
>>> line.  The server hosts email for several domains.  Some users have
>>> asked
>>> for a global address book.  When I enabled the settings for the global
>>> address book and began testing, the new address was visible to users in
>>> all domains.
>>>
>>> How can I limit access to the global address book?  My desire would be
>>> have a global address book per domain on the server.
>>>

>> In SquirrelMail functions/addressbook.php addressbook_init function you
>> have
>> ----
>> $r = $abook->add_backend('database',
>>      Array('dsn' => $addrbook_global_dsn,
>>              'owner' => 'global',
>>              'name' => _("Global address book"),
>>              'writeable' => $addrbook_global_writeable,
>>              'listing' => $addrbook_global_listing,
>>              'table' => $addrbook_global_table));
>> ----
>>
>> Change it to
>> ----
>> if (preg_match("/(.*)@(.*)/",$username,$match)) {
>>     $abook_domain=$match[2];
>> } else {
>>     global $domain;
>>     $abook_domain=$domain;
>> }
>> $r = $abook->add_backend('database',
>>      Array('dsn' => $addrbook_global_dsn,
>>              'owner' => $abook_domain,
>>              'name' => _("Global address book"),
>>              'writeable' => $addrbook_global_writeable,
>>              'listing' => $addrbook_global_listing,
>>              'table' => $addrbook_global_table));
>> ----
>>
>> Or create custom address book plugin which its new address book with
>> owner
>> set to user's domain. Since you are using SquirrelMail Ubuntu package,
>> custom plugin solution is better.
>> --

>> Open Source Business Conference (OSBC), March 24-25, 2009, San Francisco,
>> CA
>> -OSBC tackles the biggest issue in open source: Open Sourcing the
>> Enterprise
>> -Strategies to boost innovation and cut costs with open source
>> participation
>> -Receive a $600 discount off the registration fee with the source code:
>> SFAD
>> http://p.sf.net/sfu/XcvMzF8H
>> -----
>> squirrelmail-users mailing list
>> Posting guidelines: http://squirrelmail.org/postingguidelines
>> List address: squirrelmail-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> List info (subscribe/unsubscribe/change options):

> Open Source Business Conference (OSBC), March 24-25, 2009, San Francisco,
> CA
> Enterprise
> participation
> -Receive a $600 discount off the registration fee with the source code:
> SFAD
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/XcvMzF8H
> -----
> squirrelmail-users mailing list
> List address: squirrelmail-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> List info (subscribe/unsubscribe/change options):

As the original poster of this thread, I revisited the solution here after
recently upgrading my production server from Ubuntu 8.04 LTS to Debian Lenny
and from Squirrelmail 1.4.13 to 1.4.15.

I had implemented the patch above on the old system and it provided the
solution I needed.  Are there any concerns with implementing the same patch
on the 1.4.15 version?