Re: Limit access to Global Address Book

Tom Jensen-4 wrote:

> I am using Squirrelmail 1.4.13 on an Ubuntu 8.04 LTS machine.  The
> database backend for Squirrelmail is MySQL.
>
> Squirrelmail was installed using the normal apt-get command on the command
> line.  The server hosts email for several domains.  Some users have asked
> for a global address book.  When I enabled the settings for the global
> address book and began testing, the new address was visible to users in
> all domains.
>
> How can I limit access to the global address book?  My desire would be to
> have a global address book per domain on the server.

In SquirrelMail functions/addressbook.php addressbook_init function you have
----
$r = $abook->add_backend('database',
     Array('dsn' => $addrbook_global_dsn,
             'owner' => 'global',
             'name' => _("Global address book"),
             'writeable' => $addrbook_global_writeable,
             'listing' => $addrbook_global_listing,
             'table' => $addrbook_global_table));
----

Change it to
----
if (preg_match("/(.*)@(.*)/",$username,$match)) {
    $abook_domain=$match[2];
} else {
    global $domain;
    $abook_domain=$domain;
}
$r = $abook->add_backend('database',
     Array('dsn' => $addrbook_global_dsn,
             'owner' => $abook_domain,
             'name' => _("Global address book"),
             'writeable' => $addrbook_global_writeable,
             'listing' => $addrbook_global_listing,
             'table' => $addrbook_global_table));
----

Or create custom address book plugin which its new address book with owner
set to user's domain. Since you are using SquirrelMail Ubuntu package,
custom plugin solution is better.