Re: POP3 mail server- leave messages on the server

John79 schrieb:

> "Why would you want to? This is a good thing. Think of it as new==unread,
> cur==read."
> "I can't imagine why you'd want to do this anyway. Can you explain?"
>
> In a company where an email account like info@xxxxxxxxx exists it must
> been
> seen from many employees due to the nature of the company. Many clients
> place orders, questions etc. using the above email address. Consiquently,
> the employee who is responsible for an email will answer accordingly.
> However, if an employee open an email throu Squirrelmail-webmail and
> realise
> after reading it that the specific email is not his responsibility then
> the
> rest of the employee who use MUA's (Outlook, Thunderbird, Evolution, etc.)
> will not be able to read it because it has already moved to 'cur'
> directory.
>
> So, does exist a way that I can avoid the moving of the new emails to the
> 'cur' directory??
This is not a squirrelmail issue unless you configured some filters. My
new mail appears in INBOX and it stays there until I decide to move it
somewhere else. The moving from new to cur seems to me some kind of action
either one of your other imap clients does (I remember pegasus doing such
things) or your mail server does it...
I set up some mailboxes here for multiple use as you explained and its
working ;)

Roland.