POP3 mail server- leave messages on the server

Hello everybody,

Recently I build up an email server using Postfix, Dovecot, Squirrelmail
etc. The problem that I am facing with Squirrelmail is that when the users
try to read their email throu webmail, after they read them, the emails are
moved from directory 'new' to 'cur'. I have spent hours looking the option
in order to leave the messages on the server at the 'new' directory but it
was unsuccessful.

On the other hand clients that use Outlook, Thunderrbird etc. can  have the
option to leave the message on the server. In addition on dovecot.conf I
edit the following:

  # Don't try to set mails non-recent or seen with POP3 sessions. This is
  # mostly intended to reduce disk I/O. With maildir it doesn't move files
  # from new/ to cur/, with mbox it doesn't write Status-header.

  pop3_no_flag_updates = yes

Can new emails that have been read throu Squirrelmail -webmail stay at the
server as new in the 'new' directory?
Thanks in advance,
John