Global Address Book Question

Hello,

We are using SM 1.4.19 with PHP 5.2.9 on RHEL 5 Update 3. We have locked
down our users so that they cannot access Options or have Personal Address
Books and also when they click in the To: or Cc: text boxes in the Compose
view, the Global Address Book listing appears which has 8000 entries.

Some of our users are across 64 Kb WAN connections and it takes approx. 80
seconds for the list to display. If I knock down the list to 500 names, it
displays in approx. 6 seconds.

Is there anything that can be done, within Squirrelmail, to improve the
amount of time to display a large Global Address Boook list?

Thank You,
Derek