Re: getting error related to memory size

On Thu, 21 May 2009 21:30:42 -0700 (PDT), Daminto Lie
<dlie76@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I am getting the following error when trying to forward a number of email messages to my friend (external e-mail address) from my backup folder that has around 6000 e-mails in it
>
>Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in C:\AppServ\www\hms_squirrelmail\functions\imap_general.php on line 245

Are you getting this error when you go into the folder? Or when you
are telling it to forward the message?  It's not clear from the line
in the error, and your description leaves for some interpretation :)

>What i have tried to solve this but to no avail is I have increased the following variables
>max_execution_time = 1200
>max_input_time = 360
>memory_limit = 32M
>mysql.connect_timeout = 120
>default_socket_timeout = 120
>
>After changing the value of the above memory, i then re-started Apache2. This hasn't worked so far. I wonder if i could get some direction or help here.
>
>Windows XP Pro
>Apache 2.2
>HMailServer 5.0 B326
>Squirrelmail 1.4.16

memory_limit is the one you'll want to change to get around the error.
Are the messages you're trying to forward large?

--
Jonathan Angliss
<jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>