msg_flags plugin safe to install in SM 1.4.17-1?

I have SquirrelMail 1.4.17-1 running on a Fedora 8 box (installed as
RPM).  I would like to install the msg_flags plugin.  Looking at the
install instructions, one must patch squirrelmail, and it comes with
different patches for different releases of SquirrelMail.

The problem is, it only comes with patches for up to SM 1.4.15, since
the plugin hasn't been updated in almost a year, and I'm running 1.4.17.
 Is there a way to know if it's safe to run the patch or not?

Here are the files it patches:

$ awk '/\/src\// {print $2}' < msg_flags-squirrelmail-1.4.15.diff
../../src/move_messages.php.orig
../../src/move_messages.php
../../src/left_main.php.orig
../../src/left_main.php

I guess if thost files haven't changed, the patch should work.
Otherwise I have to figure out how to patch them manually.

Thanks.